Textbook: Algebra 1 Common Core Curriculum by BIG IDEAS Learning.com
Fall Semester --- AUGUST 2017:
1) Expressions, equations: evaluate expressions, order of operations, write equations and inequalities, word problem solving strategies.
2) Properties of numbers: add, subtract, multiply, and divide real numbers.
3) Solve linear equations: solve various equations including absolute value, multistep equations, and proportions.
4) Functions: Coordinate plane, graph linear equations using a table, slope, and intercepts, parallel and perpendicular lines.
5) Solving linear inequalities: solve and graph linear inequalities.
6) Systems of equations and inequalities: solve by addition method, elimination, substitution and graphically.
Spring Semester -- JANUARY 2018:
1) Exponents: exponent rules.
2) Polynomials: add, subtract, multiply, and divide polynomials.
3) Factoring: finding a common factor for all terms in a polynomial, recognizing the difference of two squares and recognizing perfect square binomials.
4) Quadratic functions and equations: solve by factoring, graphing, quadratic formula, completing the square. Learn basic parts of parabolas.
5) Analyze data: box plots (median), scatter plots (correlation),lines of best fit, standard deviation and coefficient of determination (r squared).