Ms. Diana Marquez, MSW, PPSAC
Students with last names A-L
Dr. Jessica Roosinisalda-Gomez, MSW, PPSC
Students with last name M-Z
THE A-G DIPLOMA PROGRAM
To ensure that all LAUSD students are enrolled, attending, engaged, and on-track to graduate.
The purpose of the A-G Diploma Project is to provide comprehensive, evidence-based child welfare and attendance services and supports in order to increase A-G course passage and graduation rates, promote college and career readiness, and achieve the goal of zero dropouts in the Los Angeles Unified School District.
Program DescriptionThe A-G Diploma Program will reengage students who are not on track to meeting the A-G requirements for graduation by working with all stakeholders to implement interventions with the vision of graduation and college and career readiness for all students. The A-G Diploma Program provides; early identification, intensive case management, enrollment in appropriate educational programs and zone of support, parent engagement, and support for transitions.
Program services are strategically designed to:
- Increase the percentage of targeted students attending at 96% or higher rate
- Decrease the percentage of targeted students who are chronically absent (attending at/below 91% rate)
- Increase the % of parents, staff, and students who are aware of A-G requirements as reflected in the school experience survey
- Reduce credit deficiency/the percentage of students demoted or failing to promote between grade levels for the class of 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020
- Increase the percentage of targeted students who are on-track to on-time A-G diploma attainment/graduation
- Identify students who qualify for exemptions from District graduation requirements as appropriate
- Recover students who have dropped out by providing multiple pathways and assistance to support each student toward diploma/Hi-SET attainment students.
- Identify students who are at risk of not meeting graduation requirements and provide intensive case management.
- Assist students to get back on track by providing
- Credit recovery options: Saturdays school, adult school and online program recovery
- Referrals to alternative education programs: ACCT, Independent Study and/or Adult School Programs
- College and Career Counseling
- Linkage to community resources
- Attendance improvement assistance
- And general academic counseling...